Cambridge families have trusted Excelr8 Learning tutors since 2006. See what other parents say. Our 7 day service, range of lesson types and payment options enable us to provide the right solution for your child. We provide online tutoring for families anywhere and for families who live at or near near Cambridge, our fully-equipped learning centre is conveniently located on the edge of Cambridge.
Our Term Dates 2020 to 2021
Summer Term 2020
1st June to 25th July 2020 end of term
open every week- 27th July to 2nd Sept.
Winter Term 2020
Thursday 3rd Sept. to Saturday 24th Oct.
Half Term: Open Monday 26th Oct. to Thursday 29th Oct.
Monday 2nd Nov. to Saturday 19th Dec.
Christmas Holiday: Closed
Spring Term 2021
Monday 4th Jan. to Saturday 13th Feb.
Tutors – Terms and Conditions
Face-to Face Lessons at Hardwick near Cambridge:
- Small Group ratio is 5:1 Group lesson duration is 1 hour 15 mins.
- One-to-one lessons are normally for 1 hour although longer options are available.
After all lessons, there is a short feedback meeting with parents.
Choose from 2 lesson types:
- CONFIDENCE BUILDER:
- SUCCESS MAKER.
Pupils are enrolled into either:
- an OPEN-ENDED course or
- a short-term FIXED-LENGTH course.
We agree a programme of study with parents/pupils. Parents are welcome to ask for the programme to be modified at any time. Lessons may include one subject or a mix of subjects.
Fees are payable by regular subscription – choose 4, 8 or 16 weekly. Payments are due on the day of the last paid lesson.
- Bank transfers
- Credit and Debit card payments via Paypal
- Pupils are enrolled into weekly lesson(s) and attendance is compulsory during Excelr8 Learning’s term dates.
- Please note: our term dates closely follow but are not identical to state school terms.
- Our term dates are posted on our website and are displayed at the centre.
- Holiday lessons are optional but lesson times may vary. Optional holiday lessons are booked separately ahead of each holiday (subject to availability).
We understand that missing a lesson is sometimes unavoidable. Our policy is to offer a replacement lesson provided parents notify us in advance that their child will be unable to attend lessons.
Our terms for replacement lessons:
- Replacement lessons are subject to availability.
- A replacement lesson will be offered on any day we have a vacancy.
- Replacement lessons (if available) must be taken asap, normally within 2 weeks.
- Replacement lessons are not available during any school holidays.
- Replacement lessons are taken as an extra lesson, usually on a different day to the normal lesson(s).
- Please Note: We specifically do not carry over or tack a lesson on to the end of a subscription period.
Missed One to One Lessons
Provided we receive advance notice on the day before the lesson is due to take place, we will cancel the lesson and arrange a replacement at no charge.
If a lesson is cancelled on the same day but we receive notice of at least 1 full hour before the lesson is due to take place, we will make a charge of 50% of the lesson fee.
If no prior notice is given, we will make a charge of the full amount of the lesson fee.
Cancelling an Enrolment:
To end an OPEN-ENDED enrolment we require 4 weeks’ term time advance notice in writing.
FIXED-LENGTH courses end at the date you selected unless you notify us otherwise.
Please note our terms of cancellation:
- For Open-ended courses, notice must be given in writing please by letter or email.
- Please ensure you have received a reply confirming that we received your notice.
- Notice is for 4 weeks of term-time lessons.
- Holiday weeks are not included in the 4 weeks’ advance notice.
- If notice is given just before a school holiday, the notice period will extend the enrolment beyond the holiday into the following school term.
Long Absences or Breaks in Enrolment:
We are happy to agree a break in a pupil’s enrolment but require:
- 4 weeks’ advance notice and
- an agreed date when the lessons will resume.
- We will then hold open the lesson day and time for you.
- In addition, we require a holding fee of 4 weeks’ lessons.
- The holding fee is payable at the time notice is given.
Unfortunately, unless these arrangements are in place, a pupil’s enrolment will terminate.