Cambridge families have trusted Excelr8 Learning tutors since 2006. See what other parents say. Our 7 day service, range of lesson types and payment options enable us to provide the right solution for your child. Our fully-equipped learning centres are conveniently located at Cambridge.
Term Dates 2019- 2020
2nd September 2019 to 19th October 2019 half term
28th October 2019 to 21st December 2019 end of term
Easter Holiday we are open
2nd January 2020 – 15th February 2020 half term
24th february – 4th April 2020 end of term
20th April – 23rd May 2020 half term
1st June to 25th July 2020 end of term
Summer Holiday we are open
we are open every school holiday including half-terms, Easter & Summer
Tutors – Terms and Conditions
- Small Group ratio is 5:1 Group lesson duration is 1 hour 15 mins.
- Micro Group ratio 3:1 Group lesson duration is 1 hour 15 mins.
- One-to-one lessons are normally for 1 hour although longer options are available.
After all lessons, there is a short feedback meeting with parents.
Pupils are enrolled into either:
- an OPEN-ENDED course or
- a short-term FIXED-LENGTH course.
We agree a programme of study with parents/pupils. Parents are welcome to ask for the programme to be modified at any time. Lessons may include one subject or a mix of subjects.
Fees are payable by regular subscription – choose 4, 8 or 16 weekly. Payments are due on the day of the last paid lesson.
- Bank transfers
- Credit and Debit card payments
- Pupils are enrolled into weekly lesson(s) and attendance is compulsory during Excelr8 Learning’s term dates.
- Please note: our term dates closely follow but are not identical to state school terms.
- Our term dates are posted on our website and are displayed in the centres.
- Holiday lessons are optional but lesson times may vary. Optional holiday lessons are booked separately ahead of each holiday (subject to availability).
We understand that missing a lesson is sometimes unavoidable. Our policy is to offer a replacement lesson provided parents notify us in advance that their child will be unable to attend lessons.
Our terms for replacement lessons:
- Replacement lessons are subject to availability.
- A replacement lesson will be offered on any day we have a vacancy.
- Replacement lessons (if available) must be taken asap, normally within 2 weeks.
- Replacement lessons are not available during any school holidays.
- Replacement lessons are taken as an extra lesson, usually on a different day to the normal lesson(s).
- Please Note: We specifically do not carry over or tack a lesson on to the end of a subscription period.
Missed One to One Lessons
Provided we receive 24 hours advance notice, that means BEFORE 6 PM on the day before the lesson is due to take place, we will cancel the lesson and arrange a replacement at no charge.
If a lesson is cancelled on the same day but we receive notice of at least 1 full hour before the lesson is due to take place, we will make a charge of 50% of the lesson fee.
If no prior notice is given, we will make a charge of the full amount of the lesson fee.
Cancelling an Enrolment:
To end an open-ended enrolment we require 4 weeks’ term time advance notice in writing.
Please note our terms of cancellation:
- Notice must be given in writing please by letter or email.
- Please ensure you have received a reply confirming that we received your notice.
- Notice is for 4 weeks of term-time lessons.
- Holiday weeks are not included in the 4 weeks’ advance notice.
- If notice is given just before a school holiday, the notice period will extend the enrolment beyond the holiday into the following school term.
Long Absences or Breaks in Enrolment:
We are happy to agree a break in a pupil’s enrolment but require:
- 4 weeks’ advance notice and
- an agreed date when the lessons will resume.
- We will then hold open the lesson day and time for you.
- In addition, we require a holding fee of 4 weeks’ lessons.
- The holding fee is payable at the time notice is given.
Unfortunately, unless these arrangements are in place, a pupil’s enrolment will terminate.